3/25/09

For the Love of Metalsmithing



I love sitting back down at my workbench at night when everything is quiet and there are no distractions. I use this time to experiment with new techniques, go back to my sketch book for inspiration, and create pieces without worrying about commercial appeal. My hope is that allowing myself the time to experiment will keep my skills sharp and creativity flowing.

When it comes to designing a new collection for Mushka, there are boundaries. Mushka is a collection of jewelry that embodies and elegant simplicity inspired by nature. It is important to me, to my customers, and to my brand that this theme remains consistent. My "After Hours" experiments are an outlet for other themes and ideas to be explored. These designs may not relate visually to the Mushka catalog of nature-inspired jewelry, but I show them here because I know that my customers appreciate creative metalwork.

Click here for more one of a kind pieces.

No comments: