4/27/08

After Hours




I know that I am very lucky to be able to do what I love for a living. Finding the balance between being an artist and a business owner can be tricky... and lately I have found myself at my computer far more often than at my workbench. So, to celebrate Valentine's day I decided to give myself a full, uninterrupted day at my workbench with no particular agenda. I made the piece pictured above from sterling silver, copper, and brass. The entire piece is held together by a total of 16 rivets - no heat or solder used. The shapes I used in this piece were initially inspired by various parts of insects and came from an old notebook of pages and pages of sketches. I like the fact that this piece has strength and yet the design is based on such tiny, fragile little critters.

2.5" long by 2" wide

No comments: